I save my prayers to God for the "big" things like life and death.

I never quite understand people who pray for every little tiny thing to go right during their day. I sort of lump that all under a general prayer of asking Him to just do what He thinks is best for everyone.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29,30.

The Lord is very interested in every little detail of our lives. In another passage Jesus spoke about the lilies of the field and how much attention the Father gives to little flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow. Prayer really is a conversation. What He wants is intimate fellowship with us--a closeness like that of fiancées who tell each other everything and can't stand to be apart, like little children who bring little "wildflowers" and every little "bobo" to their mama. We collectively, are after all, the Bride of Christ--betrothed, fiancées, which includes us individually and we are children of our heavenly Father.

“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me.” Revelation 3:19

This verse is often used to illustrate God’s eagerness to save the lost and He is eager but this verse is really about His eagerness to be in close relationship with His people.

No comments: